Gamma appears to give traders an edge in predicting market volatility. Here we show the last few months of historical volatility as a quick method to back up this point. Volatility does not imply a direction in the market, just expanded movement. Often this is correlated with market drops, but also rapid rises as seen in the numerous “V” moves.
- Anatomy Of A Short Squeeze: This Is How Hedge Funds Pounce On Retail Meme StonksJune 9, 2021
- The Options Gamma TrapAugust 27, 2019
- The Deep January Options ExpirationJanuary 14, 2022
- How a 2,360% Jump in Call Options Fired Up Tesla’s Share SurgeOctober 26, 2021
- Goldman: All You Ever Wanted To Know About Gamma, Op-Ex, And Option-Driven Equity FlowsJune 10, 2020