PRPL is a major retail WallStreetBets favorite, causing a huge runup in to 8/13 earnings. After reporting an ER beat the IV in the stock likely got crushed, which caused long OTM calls to decline sharply. This leads to dealers unwinding hedges, and a stock drop.
- Goldman: All You Ever Wanted To Know About Gamma, Op-Ex, And Option-Driven Equity FlowsJune 10, 2020
- The Theory Behind Put WallsOctober 3, 2019
- SpotGamma on Dave Lee Show: TSLAOctober 27, 2021
- How a 2,360% Jump in Call Options Fired Up Tesla’s Share SurgeOctober 26, 2021
- Weaponized Gamma ReloadedJanuary 31, 2021