SpotGamma calculates the market level at which options dealers gamma position flips from long to short. We call this the “VOLATILITY TRIGGER” indicator. Below this S&P500 price dealers trading can increase market volatility, and over this level their trading may damped volatility. You can see over the last two days the markets drove hard into this volatility level and rejected as dealers lack of buying stalled the rally out.
- How a 2,360% Jump in Call Options Fired Up Tesla’s Share SurgeOctober 26, 2021
- The Deep January Options ExpirationJanuary 14, 2022
- The Theory Behind Put WallsOctober 3, 2019
- Anatomy Of A Short Squeeze: This Is How Hedge Funds Pounce On Retail Meme StonksJune 9, 2021
- The Options Gamma TrapAugust 27, 2019