Ahead of important AAPL (Apple) earnings and the FOMC we wanted to review the market over the past week. We have spent a lot of time drawing an analogy between todays market and that of January ’18 (see here). Interestingly the Jan ’18 market topped the same day as the current market. Currently gamma is low, which frees the market up for a larger move. This may well be catalyzed by AAPL earnings and FOMC. AAPL earnings may be of particular note because of their exposure to China and the possible supply chain disruptions due to Coronavirus.
- The Options Gamma TrapAugust 27, 2019
- The Theory Behind Put WallsOctober 3, 2019
- Anatomy Of A Short Squeeze: This Is How Hedge Funds Pounce On Retail Meme StonksJune 9, 2021
- The Deep January Options ExpirationJanuary 14, 2022
- How a 2,360% Jump in Call Options Fired Up Tesla’s Share SurgeOctober 26, 2021