Ahead of important AAPL (Apple) earnings and the FOMC we wanted to review the market over the past week. We have spent a lot of time drawing an analogy between todays market and that of January ’18 (see here). Interestingly the Jan ’18 market topped the same day as the current market. Currently gamma is low, which frees the market up for a larger move. This may well be catalyzed by AAPL earnings and FOMC. AAPL earnings may be of particular note because of their exposure to China and the possible supply chain disruptions due to Coronavirus.
Don’t have an account with SpotGamma?
Start a 7-day free trial today to view all key daily levels, Founder’s Notes, commentary, tools, and market insights.
- SpotGamma Models Indicate Net Options Delta Expiration at Over $125 BillionJanuary 14, 2022
- Anatomy Of A Short Squeeze: This Is How Hedge Funds Pounce On Retail Meme StonksJune 9, 2021
- The Options Gamma TrapAugust 27, 2019
- Goldman: All You Ever Wanted To Know About Gamma, Op-Ex, And Option-Driven Equity FlowsJune 10, 2020
- Weaponized Gamma ReloadedJanuary 31, 2021